Thursday, November 27, 2008

Beowulf


After I watched the movie"Beowulf" and compared the contents between book and film,I think they has much differences,for example,Grendel's mother was killed by Beowulf in the book,but Beowulf didn't killed her in the film.In the film,Grendel's mother seems have much power and can control every king.She can give these kings wealth,power and peace.However, I think Beowulf should be the omnipotent hero in the film,but he didn't.
When he come to killed Grendel's mother,I think he will kill her immediately,but he didn't killed her and made a lie to other how he killed Grendel's mother.
I think it has a little strange.Because Beowulf was not killed Grendel's mother,so the fiery dragon become his son,but in the book,Beowulf has no relationship with the fiery dragon.Due to Grandel mother's behavior,I think the queen is very poor,she either accept her husband has a son with a mother nor can't forgive him.Therefore,Beowulf 's appear was give her much hope because there was a hero will save them from the mother and her husband also order after he died,Beowulf will be the next king.She become Beowulf's queen,but Beowulf has a baby with Grendel's mother again,it may be a irony.

No comments: